What is digital reputation?
Digital reputation, also called online reputation is defined as the prestige of a person or brand on the internet. Given this definition, it is clear that no one controls their entire digital reputation, but it certainly can and should be managed.
Since 2008, at Top Position we specialize in online reputation management (ORM). We improve the digital reputation of people and brands, with our own tools and systems such as Digital 360.
The first thing is to distinguish what type of reputation needs to be improved.
Personal Digital Reputation (RDP)
Personal digital reputation (RDP) refers to the prestige that a person has on the Internet.
To start a personal digital reputation management (GRDP) campaign we do an analysis of the starting situation. Using specific tools that we have developed, we audit what that person’s reputation is on the internet.
Without a doubt, the search results associated with a person on Google are one of the key elements of the GRDP.
Why? Very simple, because for a long time people have trusted more in Google search results than in traditional media, as indicated by several studies, this one for example.
In improving search engine reputation, you should focus on the first page, because in our experience and numerous studies, very few people go beyond the first page.
One of the parties to the GRDP audit will tell us what the starting situation is on that first page of Google. We look at current reputation but also vulnerability. That is, it is possible that a person has a good reputation today, but his first page is highly vulnerable, so that a future crisis, a negative future event – typically negative news – or chance easily deteriorates his reputation if preventive measures are not taken.
The metaphor would be that of an earthquake or tidal wave. If the building is solid, the tsunami will cause a tsunami that will damage it, but will not completely devastate it. If the building is not prepared, the tsunami will destroy it completely, and then much time and money will be required for reconstruction. Because we must understand that digital reputation, like many other aspects of the Internet, is managed in the medium and long term.
The audit should also analyze what the person’s reputation is in the news comments, forums, as well as the mentions in the different social networks.
Corporate Digital Reputation (RDC) and Digital Brand Reputation (RDM)
Having a good digital reputation is essential for a company or brand. It will help you build trust in your users and prospects. In this sense, they could improve their sales. To achieve this, it is necessary to communicate what you offer, your projects, your achievements and the valuations that others have about you or your company.
Although there are opinions already expressed on the Internet about you, your product or service, actions can be taken to improve your digital reputation. At Top Position we have experience improving your online reputation. We have done this successfully on numerous occasions and we can prove it to you.
Achieving a correct digital reputation requires time and dedication. Our reputation management begins with a good digital reputation plan, in which we collect related information about your brand and continue with detailed monitoring work to determine whether or not it affects your image or that of your company.
Digital reputation is a social phenomenon of perception, which is dynamic because it is constantly changing; Comparative with respect to other brands and relative to specific audiences. For this reason, in certain sectors it may have an excellent image and in others it may be unknown. Online reputation encompasses two aspects, which are complementary:
- Internal factors. It refers to the perception that a company or person has about itself.
- External factors. It is the information that other users provide about your brand.
How do you know what your reputation is in the digital environment?
To know the opinion that users have about you or your brand, you can make a series of queries in search engines and look at the results that appear on the first page.
Here are some examples of the searches you can do:
- Name of your brand or person.
- Name of the product or service you offer.
- Product name + opinion.
- Your brand name + opinion.
- Words that are linked to your sector.
For a professional or brand to have a good reputation, the following factors must be given:
- Good impression and trust in the brand.
- Good ratings on products and services.
- Future vision.
At Top Position we help you manage your digital reputation, in case there is information that is harmful to you or your company in the search results of Google, other search engines or social networks. To do this, we carry out the following actions:
- We develop a strategy to improve the digital image of your company and defense tasks against a negative attack.
- We define the tone of the messages to be published about your brand.
- We produce quality, positive, informative content that helps fight a negative digital reputation and answers the most frequently asked questions from your online community.
- In these contents we show the values, integrity and reliability of your company.
- We optimize the images you use in publications.
- We reinforce your social profiles.
- We constantly monitor and analyze the messages your brand receives. Both positive and negative.
A corporate digital reputation campaign is conducted to achieve three goals:
- Identify and measure the opinions generated on the Internet about your company, brand, products and services.
- Minimize the display of negative opinions about your brand, exposed in search engines and on social networks.
- Improve your brand’s online reputation.
There are two options for managing digital reputation:
- Preventive management. It is done daily leaving a positive mark on your company and following a solid communication strategy. For this, content is generated that is disseminated in blogs, social networks and professional profiles.
- Crisis management. It is carried out to resolve incidents that harm your image or that of your company. In these cases, actions such as the following should be followed:
- Generate valuable content.
- Implement actions that help to position the content in the first places of the search engines.
- Measure the dissemination of content.
- Follow the brand and the comments that are being generated about it.
- Perform an aggressive link strategy or link building, but taking into account how the Google algorithm works.
- Create digital environments associated with the company, with URLs containing the brand name.
If an error arises that can harm your image or your brand, without it becoming a reputation crisis, remember that you can always rectify, apologize and act immediately.
At Top Position, when managing your digital reputation or that of your company, we consider the following:
- We are transparent. We show information, through figures, images and explanatory texts, which verifies that your product or service is of quality.
- We respond quickly and efficiently to user comments.
- We maintain a close attitude with users.
On the other hand, it is important to be alert to three elements on which the digital reputation of your company depends:
- Dissatisfied customers. It is essential that your customers verify that the characteristics of your product or service are as you promised.
- Defective products. If a customer detects failures in their product or service, they could obtain negative comments on the Internet that, if they go viral, would trigger a reputational crisis.
- Misuse of digital tools. It is important to keep an eye on what you publish on your brand’s social networks, your newsletters and your Mail Marketing campaigns. Spamming could generate negative comments from your customers.
Digital reputation and social networks
Online reputation and social media must work together. The latter are considered a source of information and a reference resource for users.
To improve the reputation on social networks, certain measures must be taken into account that will allow you to establish personal links with your users and modify the perception they may have about your brand:
- Interact constantly. In addition to creating the profiles on social networks that best fit your brand, you must update the content that is published there.
- Use language according to the public of your brand and that is consistent with the image that your company offers outside the network. In this way, you will humanize your brand and generate interaction.
- Respond to comments left by users, as soon as possible. Thus, you will demonstrate that you care about your clients and that you act efficiently in conflict resolution.
- Act responsibly in crisis management.
Remember that, before creating a profile on a certain social network, you must evaluate whether it has valuable content for each of them.
Being one of the most important social networks at the digital reputation level, it is important to participate, contribute and establish conversations with other users in the sector. In order to further disseminate your content, you must share original and useful messages.
LinkedIn is the most important professional network. If you decide to be in it, it is essential to have a suitable photo and have an updated resume. Other activities that will improve your profile and, consequently, your online reputation are the following:
- Participation in LinkedIn groups to gain visibility.
- Ask for recommendations.
- Increase the number of evaluations of your skills.
- Publish articles and statuses.
- Comment on the statuses of other users.
If you decide to create a Facebook page, you must appropriately manage the privacy of your account. In it he must share publications, constantly, that contribute something to his followers.
One of the best strategies to improve a professional’s personal reputation is to have a personal blog or website that is also well positioned in search engines. For this, a content plan that is published frequently must be developed. On the other hand, it is an ideal option to launch other marketing strategies.
Reputation and confidentiality
We are very careful in matters related to the confidentiality of the customers or brands to which we manage digital reputation, because we are aware that for them it is an important issue.
If you want to request a quote or inquire about online reputation, we invite you to contact us.
At Top Position we help you manage your reputation online, in case there is information damaging to your reputation in the search results of Google, other search engines or social networks.
How can we help?
If you would like more information about Digital Reputation or to request a personalised quote, please contact us.