Advertising on Facebook has become a very useful tool at the business level, since it allows optimizing investment. And, this social network is a market with high potential for its brands, products and services. Currently, 1.6 billion people are connected to companies or brands on Facebook. It is also the social network with the highest number of active users per month, around the world.
Betting on advertising campaigns on Facebook has a large number of advantages:
- Facebook advertising allows a high level of segmentation. You can filter your ads by geographic location, sex, age, education, keywords, among others.
- Facebook campaigns have a greater reach.
- You can make interactive publications with which you will get important data from your audience.
- Advertising on Facebook is much cheaper than advertising On this social network, you will only pay per click and / or conversion received, if you choose that option.
- Facebook includes a statistics panel that allows you to measure, in real time, the results and spending of your ads.
Advertising on Facebook is managed from Facebook Ads, a platform on which you can also manage advertising campaigns on Instagram.
Ads on Facebook can link to web pages, events or applications. Depending on the objective sought, the social network offers different options:
- Brand recognition. In this way, your brand will become more visible and will reach users with more possibilities of becoming interested in it.
- Reach, to increase the number of users.
- Traffic. Thus, it will attract people to a page, inside or outside of Facebook.
- Increase interactions with your publications. For example, ‘likes’, responses to events and offers.
- Application downloads, if you have one.
- Video reproductions.
- Generate leads.
- Increase conversions on your website.
- Sell the products in your catalog.
- Visits to your business.
How to create a Facebook ad
- Choose a goal, depending on the result you want to achieve with your ad.
- Select the audience, taking into account their age, location, interests, among other data that best represent their potential clients.
- Decide which platform your ad will run on: Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, Audience Network.
- Set a daily or total budget and the time it will keep your ad in circulation.
- Choose an ad format.
- Place the order.
- Track the ad and measure its performance.
In addition to following each of the steps mentioned, it is important that when you advertise on Facebook you develop ads that appeal to your audience. To do this, you must create original content that reflects the personality of your company and that invites users to be interested in it, its products or services. At this point, it is essential that you define a common concept for the different pieces you want to create. Both the image or video and the text must be ingenious.
Structure of advertising campaigns in Facebook Ads
To organize, optimize and measure all your advertising actions on Facebook, you must structure your campaigns as follows:
- Campaigns. Each of them must have a specific objective.
- Set of announcements. A campaign can be made up of multiple ad groups. However, each of these must have a specific budget, location, segmentation, and timeline.
- An ad set can contain multiple ads and each one can differ in its images, text, videos, links or calls to action. However, they must share the same segmentation and budget of the whole set.
The audience your ad is targeting is the main factor to consider when advertising on Facebook. This way, you will be able to segment your campaigns correctly and, consequently, allow your ad to be shown to the people who interest you most.
Depending on your goals and resources, when advertising on Facebook you can choose two main approaches: specific or broad.
- Specific segmentation. If you want your ad to be shown to the most suitable users, you must strictly follow a set of parameters.
- Wide segmentation. With this approach you will find potential customers. It is also a way of acting when you do not know precisely who to contact.
Campaign budget and duration
Budgets for a Facebook advertising campaign are set for an entire period of time or for an average of daily spending. This is set for an entire ad set.
Facebook offers three types of optimization for ad delivery, in reference to calculating the share price in the ad:
- Interactions with a publication. This will show your ad to the people most likely to interact with that post.
- This way the advertisement will be shown to the users of this social network, as many times as possible.
- Daily single scope, to show your ad the times per day that you specify there.
As for the duration of advertising campaigns on Facebook, you can decide the start and end day and time or leave it uninterrupted.
Facebook ads can be displayed in different ways:
- Images, with less than 20% of text – it appears both in the image and in the content of the advertisement
- It is an excellent option to show two or more images or videos in a single ad.
- Collector’s item. Helps users to discover, explore and purchase products and services, from their mobile device, in a visual way. These types of ads are displayed in the news section of Facebook.
- Instantaneous experience. It serves to highlight your brand, your products or services in a visual way. When a user accesses this type of ad, he or she will be able to watch videos, scroll through photos in a sequence, fill out forms and explore images with labeled products.
- Video and presentation.
- Catalogues. These contain information about the items in your inventory. Depending on the company, Facebook offers different types of catalogs: e-commerce, travel, real estate, and vehicle.
- These are ads with a picture, video or full-screen sequence that are shown on Facebook, Messenger or Instagram stories. Unlike organic stories, the ads do not disappear after 24 hours.
Carrying out advertising campaigns on Facebook requires time, experience and strategic vision. This way, your ads will reach the best audience in the best way. Consequently, you will get better results.
At Top Position we have managed different advertising campaigns on Facebook, focused on different audiences and for different sectors. In addition, we have trained professionals to help you control and monitor your Facebook advertising budget.
If you are looking to increase your brand’s reach by developing advertising on Facebook, contact us.